It takes about 1 to 2 days to complete your free estimate after we have scheduled your appointment.
After you accept the estimate, it usually
will be completed within a week or less.
5. PROTECT PLANTS AND SHRUBS - Standing water in flower beds around the home can permit harmful plant fungi to develop as well as attract ants, roaches, and termites.
6. PROTECTS FASCIA - Water migration may cause rotting and insects that can be costly to repair. Quickly moving water away from rafter and roof joints is essential to a homes long term durability
7. INCREASE ROOF OVERHANG - Rain gutters can add up to 6” of protective roof overhang providing additional shielding of windows and doors, improving drying times and moisture levels.
8. PREVENTS SPLASH-BACK - Rain gutters keep siding and masonry looking new by preventing splash back of dirt, grass, and minerals that stain the exterior and can be difficult removing over time.
9. DECORATIVE DETAIL - Rain gutters can accentuate the architecture of any home. They are available in various styles, colors, and metals. Rain gutters are for look and function.
10. RAINWATER COLLECTION - Collecting rain water is the simplest way to water your lawn, plants, and foundation all the while contributing to Texas Water Conservation Goals.
Aluminum gutters are mostly maintenance free, however you may want to clean them every couple of years for appearance purpose.
The following simple cleaning procedures should be performed at least once a year or more often if necessary.
For surface soils and stains, such as those resulting from industrial fallout, tree sap, insecticides, or chimney fumes, use ordinary non-abrasive household detergent.
The solution should be applied to the soiled surface by means of a soft rag, sponge or soft bristle brush with a gentle rubbing action. Do not rub vigorously so as to create glossy areas over the satin finish. Soft bristle brushes equipped with long extension handles may be used to reach some of the higher areas.
As with any cleaning operation, less streaking will result if the house is washed from top to bottom. It is important that immediately following all washing operations, the entire surface be thoroughly rinsed with fresh water from a garden hose.
If stubborn stains are encountered, use a heavy-duty cleaner such as “Fantastik”. Heavy soil deposits may not be removable in one application and may require cleaning over some length of time. Do not use cleaners containing abrasive particles, ammonia, solvents or paint removers for cleaning. These materials may soften or remove the finish of the products.
Climates vary considerably from one locality to the next. In some areas, mildew may be a problem. It appears as black spots on the surface dirt and is usually first detected in areas protected from rainfall such as under eaves and porches. For removal, prepare a solution as follows and apply as outlined above.
Caution: greater concentrations may cause damage to the finish
This is a term that refers to dirty streaks on rain gutter systems that will not wash off.
Customers sometimes call rain gutter companies about dirty streaks on their rain gutter systems that will not wash off. The first assumption is usually that the paint has gone bad and turned a different color. This is not always the case. Naturally, pollution and dirt continuously build up on the top lip of the gutter. When moisture combines with these pollutants it streams down the face of the gutter. Future precipitation will continuously follow this same path. Over time the build up becomes alternating light and dark streaks. This is generally referred to as tiger striping and is a problem experienced ny manufacturers of trailers, motor homes, commercial architectural aluminum, metal roofing, siding, and gutters. Custom Fit has reviewed government and industry guidelines that all require regular maintenance to prevent the “normal build-up of soil deposit and oxide accumulations”. The level of maintenance depends solely on the atmospheric conditions in a geographic region.
IS IT IN BREACH OF THE WARRANTY?
Custom Fit would like to assure you that the paint underneath these deposits remains in good condition. Therefore, tiger striping is not a failure or breach of warranty, since environmental conditions are beyond individual control.
HOW CAN IT BE MAINTAINED?
Simple cleaning procedures should be performed to reduce the build up of these deposits. Tiger striping implies an already heavy build up on the gutter system and will require a strong cleaning solution.